Reward Yourself! Ideas of How to Celebrate Success
reward yourself, ideas of how to celebrate success, everyone deserves a little celebration for their achievements, you should pat yourself on the back for your courage and efforts with each smoke-free milestone.
Everyone deserves a little celebration for their achievements. You should pat yourself on the back for your courage and efforts with each smoke-free milestone. While improved health is a reward in itself, we all like a little extra treat every once in a while. If you feel guilty about spoiling yourself—don’t! Rewards don’t have to be over the top and are well-deserved when you've done something as tough as quitting smoking.
Try to plan rewards for milestones, such as a week without cigarettes, a month of not smoking, and so on. If you put aside the money you would have spent on cigarettes, that extra concert ticket or pedicure will only be a boost to your confidence and pride, and not an unplanned hit to your wallet. Plus, many rewards are free—you only need a willingness to set aside the time to enjoy them.
Here are more ideas on how to reward yourself:
- Sleep in on the weekend
- Go to the salon with friends
- Splurge on concert or sporting tickets
- Buy equipment for your hobby: a new fishing line, knitting supplies, or even a new grill
- Take a long bubble bath
- Hit the town and shop for a new outfit
- Go on a leisurely walk or hike
- Call a friend for a long chat
- Buy new walking or running shoes
- Try a new restaurant
- Get a massage
- Go do a fun activity: bowling, go-karts, or mini golf
- See a movie
- Have a staycation—disconnect and enjoy your home and loved ones
- Cook a fancy dinner
- Go on a road trip
- Reread your favorite book
- Download a new game to your phone
- Get a fun temporary tattoo
- Do a victory dance
And remember to loop your supporter in on these rewards. Maybe you can make a deal, such as they do the dishes when you achieve 1 week smoke-free. Or, celebrate a milestone without cigarettes by going to a fun concert together. Setting up goals like this can give you something positive to concentrate on.